CAS-003 | Exact CAS-003 Study Guides 2021
Want to know CAS-003 Braindumps features? Want to lear more about CAS-003 Exam Questions and Answers experience? Study CAS-003 Study Guides. Gat a success with an absolute guarantee to pass CompTIA CAS-003 (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)) test on your first attempt.
Free demo questions for CompTIA CAS-003 Exam Dumps Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
A company is in the process of implementing a new front end user interface for its customers, the goal is to provide them with more self-service functionality. The application has been written by developers over the last six months and the project is currently in the test phase.
Which of the following security activities should be implemented as part of the SDL in order to provide the MOST security coverage over the solution? (Select TWO).
- A. Perform unit testing of the binary code
- B. Perform code review over a sampling of the front end source code
- C. Perform black box penetration testing over the solution
- D. Perform grey box penetration testing over the solution
- E. Perform static code review over the front end source code
Explanation: With grey box penetration testing it means that you have limited insight into the devise which would most probable by some code knowledge and this type of testing over the solution would provide the most security coverage under the circumstances.
A Code review refers to the examination of an application (the new network based software product in this case) that is designed to identify and assess threats to the organization. With a static code review it is assumed that you have all the sources available for the application that is being examined. By performing a static code review over the front end source code you can provide adequate security coverage over the solution.
A: Unit testing of the binary code will not provide the most security coverage.
B: Code review over a sampling of the front end source code will not provide adequate security coverage.
C: Black box penetration testing is best done when the source code is not available. References:
Gregg, Michael, and Billy Haines, CASP CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Study Guide, John Wiley & Sons, Indianapolis, 2012, pp. 168-169
NEW QUESTION 2
A security administrator wants to prevent sensitive data residing on corporate laptops and desktops from leaking outside of the corporate network. The company has already implemented full-disk encryption and has disabled all peripheral devices on its desktops and laptops. Which of the following additional controls MUST be implemented to minimize the risk of data leakage? (Select TWO).
- A. A full-system backup should be implemented to a third-party provider with strong encryption for data in transit.
- B. A DLP gateway should be installed at the company border.
- C. Strong authentication should be implemented via external biometric devices.
- D. Full-tunnel VPN should be required for all network communication.
- E. Full-drive file hashing should be implemented with hashes stored on separate storage.
- F. Split-tunnel VPN should be enforced when transferring sensitive dat
Explanation: Web mail, Instant Messaging and personal networking sites are some of the most common means by which corporate data is leaked.
Data loss prevention (DLP) is a strategy for making sure that end users do not send sensitive or critical information outside the corporate network. The term is also used to describe software products that help a network administrator control what data end users can transfer.
DLP software products use business rules to classify and protect confidential and critical information so that unauthorized end users cannot accidentally or maliciously share data whose disclosure could put the organization at risk. For example, if an employee tried to forward a business email outside the corporate domain or upload a corporate file to a consumer cloud storage service like Dropbox, the employee would be denied permission.
Full-tunnel VPN should be required for all network communication. This will ensure that all data transmitted over the network is encrypted which would prevent a malicious user accessing the data by using packet sniffing.
A: This question is asking which of the following additional controls MUST be implemented to minimize the risk of data leakage. Implementing a full system backup does not minimize the risk of data leakage.
C: Strong authentication implemented via external biometric devices will ensure that only authorized people can access the network. However, it does not minimize the risk of data leakage.
E: Full-drive file hashing is not required because we already have full drive encryption.
F: Split-tunnel VPN is used when a user a remotely accessing the network. Communications with company servers go over a VPN whereas private communications such as web browsing does not use a VPN. A more secure solution is a full tunnel VPN.
http://whatis.techtarget.com/defHYPERLINK "http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/data-lossprevention- DLP"inition/data-loss-prevention-DLP
NEW QUESTION 3
Two competing companies experienced similar attacks on their networks from various threat actors. To improve response times, the companies wish to share some threat intelligence about the sources and methods of attack. Which of the following business documents would be BEST to document this engagement?
- A. Business partnership agreement
- B. Memorandum of understanding
- C. Service-level agreement
- D. Interconnection security agreement
NEW QUESTION 4
A forensic analyst suspects that a buffer overflow exists in a kernel module. The analyst executes the following command:
dd if=/dev/ram of=/tmp/mem/dmp
The analyst then reviews the associated output:
However, the analyst is unable to find any evidence of the running shell. Which of the following of the MOST likely reason the analyst cannot find a process ID for the shell?
- A. The NX bit is enabled
- B. The system uses ASLR
- C. The shell is obfuscated
- D. The code uses dynamic libraries
NEW QUESTION 5
During a security assessment, activities were divided into two phases; internal and external explogtation. The security assessment team set a hard time limit on external activities before moving to a compromised box within the enterprise perimeter.
Which of the following methods is the assessment team most likely to employ NEXT?
- A. Pivoting from the compromised, moving laterally through the enterprise, and trying to exfiltrate data and compromise devices.
- B. Conducting a social engineering attack attempt with the goal of accessing the compromised box physically.
- C. Exfiltrating network scans from the compromised box as a precursor to social media reconnaissance
- D. Open-source intelligence gathering to identify the network perimeter and scope to enable further system compromises.
NEW QUESTION 6
IT staff within a company often conduct remote desktop sharing sessions with vendors to troubleshoot vendor product-related issues. Drag and drop the following security controls to match the associated security concern. Options may be used once or not at all.
Explanation: Vendor may accidentally or maliciously make changes to the IT system – Allow view-only access. With view-only access, the third party can view the desktop but cannot interact with it. In other words, they cannot control the keyboard or mouse to make any changes.
Desktop sharing traffic may be intercepted by network attackers – Use SSL for remote sessions. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encrypts data in transit between computers. If an attacker intercepted the traffic, the data would be encrypted and therefore unreadable to the attacker.
No guarantees that shoulder surfing attacks are not occurring at the vendor – Identified control gap. Shoulder surfing is where someone else gains information by looking at your computer screen. This should be identified as a risk. A control gap occurs when there are either insufficient or no actions taken to avoid or mitigate a significant risk.
Vendor may inadvertently see confidential material from the company such as email and IMs – Limit desktop session to certain windows.
The easiest way to prevent a third party from viewing your emails and IMs is to close the email and IM application windows for the duration of the desktop sharing session.
NEW QUESTION 7
A large organization has recently suffered a massive credit card breach. During the months of Incident Response, there were multiple attempts to assign blame for whose fault it was that the incident occurred. In which part of the incident response phase would this be addressed in a controlled and productive manner?
- A. During the Identification Phase
- B. During the Lessons Learned phase
- C. During the Containment Phase
- D. During the Preparation Phase
Explanation: The Lessons Learned phase is the final step in the Incident Response process, when everyone involved reviews what happened and why.
A: The Identification Phase is the second step in the Incident Response process that deals with the detection of events and incidents.
C: The Containment Phase is the third step in the Incident Response process that deals with the planning, training, and execution of the incident response plan.
D: The Preparation Phase is the first step in the Incident Response process that deals with policies and procedures required to attend to the potential of security incidents.
Gregg, Michael, and Billy Haines, CASP CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Study Guide, John Wiley & Sons, Indianapolis, 2012, p. 249
NEW QUESTION 8
A company wants to perform analysis of a tool that is suspected to contain a malicious payload. A forensic analyst is given the following snippet:
Which of the following did the analyst use to determine the location of the malicious payload?
- A. Code deduplicators
- B. Binary reverse-engineering
- C. Fuzz testing
- D. Security containers
NEW QUESTION 9
A company is in the process of outsourcing its customer relationship management system to a cloud provider. It will host the entire organization’s customer database. The database will be accessed by both the company’s users and its customers. The procurement department has asked what security activities must be performed for the deal to proceed. Which of the following are the MOST appropriate security activities to be performed as part of due diligence? (Select TWO).
- A. Physical penetration test of the datacenter to ensure there are appropriate controls.
- B. Penetration testing of the solution to ensure that the customer data is well protected.
- C. Security clauses are implemented into the contract such as the right to audit.
- D. Review of the organizations security policies, procedures and relevant hosting certifications.
- E. Code review of the solution to ensure that there are no back doors located in the softwar
Explanation: Due diligence refers to an investigation of a business or person prior to signing a contract. Due diligence verifies information supplied by vendors with regards to processes, financials, experience, and performance. Due diligence should verify the data supplied in the RFP and concentrate on the following:
Company profile, strategy, mission, and reputation
Financial status, including reviews of audited financial statements
Customer references, preferably from companies that have outsourced similar processes Management qualifications, including criminal background checks
Process expertise, methodology, and effectiveness Quality initiatives and certifications
Technology, infrastructure stability, and applications Security and audit controls
Legal and regulatory compliance, including any outstanding complaints or litigation Use of subcontractors
Disaster recovery and business continuity policies C and D form part of Security and audit controls. Incorrect Answers:
A: A Physical Penetration Test recognizes the security weaknesses and strengths of the physical security. It will, therefore, not form part of due diligence because due diligence verifies information supplied by vendors with regards to processes, financials, experience, and performance.
B: A penetration test is a software attack on a computer system that looks for security weaknesses. It will, therefore, not form part of due diligence because due diligence verifies information supplied by vendors with regards to processes, financials, experience, and performance.
E: A security code review is an examination of an application that is designed to identify and assess threats to an organization. It will, therefore, not form part of due diligence because due diligence verifies information supplied by vendors with regards to processes, financials, experience, and performance.
References: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_diligence httHYPERLINK
article.aspx?p=465313HYPERLINK "http://www.ftpress.com/articles/article.aspx?p=465313&seqNum=5"&HYPERLINK "http://www.ftpress.com/articles/article.aspx?p=465313&seqNum=5"seqNum=5 http://seclists.org/pen-test/2004/Dec/11
Gregg, Michael, and Billy Haines, CASP CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Study Guide, John Wiley & Sons, Indianapolis, 2012, p. 169
NEW QUESTION 10
A security architect is implementing security measures in response to an external audit that found vulnerabilities in the corporate collaboration tool suite. The report identified the lack of any mechanism to provide confidentiality for electronic correspondence between users and between users and group mailboxes. Which of the following controls would BEST mitigate the identified vulnerability?
- A. Issue digital certificates to all users, including owners of group mailboxes, and enable S/MIME
- B. Federate with an existing PKI provider, and reject all non-signed emails
- C. Implement two-factor email authentication, and require users to hash all email messages upon receipt
- D. Provide digital certificates to all systems, and eliminate the user group or shared mailboxes
NEW QUESTION 11
A security administrator wants to allow external organizations to cryptographically validate the company’s domain name in email messages sent by employees. Which of the following should the security administrator implement?
- A. SPF
- B. S/MIME
- C. TLS
- D. DKIM
NEW QUESTION 12
The board of a financial services company has requested that the senior security analyst acts as a cybersecurity advisor in order to comply with recent federal legislation. The analyst is required to give a report on current cybersecurity and threat trends in the financial services industry at the next board meeting. Which of the following would be the BEST methods to prepare this report? (Choose two.)
- A. Review the CVE database for critical explogts over the past year
- B. Use social media to contact industry analysts
- C. Use intelligence gathered from the Internet relay chat channels
- D. Request information from security vendors and government agencies
- E. Perform a penetration test of the competitor’s network and share the results with the board
NEW QUESTION 13
The security configuration management policy states that all patches must undergo testing procedures before being moved into production. The sec… analyst notices a single web application server has been downloading and applying patches during non-business hours without testing. There are no apparent adverse reaction, server functionality does not seem to be affected, and no malware was found after a scan. Which of the following action should the analyst take?
- A. Reschedule the automated patching to occur during business hours.
- B. Monitor the web application service for abnormal bandwidth consumption.
- C. Create an incident ticket for anomalous activity.
- D. Monitor the web application for service interruptions caused from the patchin
NEW QUESTION 14
A security analyst is attempting to break into a client’s secure network. The analyst was not given prior information about the client, except for a block of public IP addresses that are currently in use. After network enumeration, the analyst’s NEXT step is to perform:
- A. a gray-box penetration test
- B. a risk analysis
- C. a vulnerability assessment
- D. an external security audit
- E. a red team exercise
NEW QUESTION 15
An organization is considering the use of a thin client architecture as it moves to a cloud-hosted environment. A security analyst is asked to provide thoughts on the security advantages of using thin clients and virtual workstations. Which of the following are security advantages of the use of this combination of thin clients and virtual workstations?
- A. Malicious insiders will not have the opportunity to tamper with data at rest and affect the integrity of the system.
- B. Thin client workstations require much less security because they lack storage and peripherals that can be easily compromised, and the virtual workstations are protected in the cloud where security is outsourced.
- C. All thin clients use TPM for core protection, and virtual workstations use vTPM for core protection with both equally ensuring a greater security advantage for a cloud-hosted environment.
- D. Malicious users will have reduced opportunities for data extractions from their physical thin client workstations, this reducing the effectiveness of local attacks.
NEW QUESTION 16
A security administrator is shown the following log excerpt from a Unix system:
2013 Oct 10 07:14:57 web14 sshd: Failed password for root from 198.51.100.23 port 37914 ssh2
2013 Oct 10 07:14:57 web14 sshd: Failed password for root from 198.51.100.23 port 37915 ssh2
2013 Oct 10 07:14:58 web14 sshd: Failed password for root from 198.51.100.23 port 37916 ssh2
2013 Oct 10 07:15:59 web14 sshd: Failed password for root from 198.51.100.23 port 37918 ssh2
2013 Oct 10 07:16:00 web14 sshd: Failed password for root from 198.51.100.23 port 37920 ssh2
2013 Oct 10 07:16:00 web14 sshd: Successful login for root from 198.51.100.23 port 37924 ssh2
Which of the following is the MOST likely explanation of what is occurring and the BEST immediate response? (Select TWO).
- A. An authorized administrator has logged into the root account remotely.
- B. The administrator should disable remote root logins.
- C. Isolate the system immediately and begin forensic analysis on the host.
- D. A remote attacker has compromised the root account using a buffer overflow in sshd.
- E. A remote attacker has guessed the root password using a dictionary attack.
- F. Use iptables to immediately DROP connections from the IP 198.51.100.23.
- G. A remote attacker has compromised the private key of the root account.
- H. Change the root password immediately to a password not found in a dictionar
Explanation: The log shows six attempts to log in to a system. The first five attempts failed due to ‘failed password’. The sixth attempt was a successful login. Therefore, the MOST likely explanation of what is occurring is that a remote attacker has guessed the root password using a dictionary attack.
The BEST immediate response is to isolate the system immediately and begin forensic analysis on the host. You should isolate the system to prevent any further access to it and prevent it from doing any damage to other systems on the network. You should perform a forensic analysis on the system to determine what the attacker did on the system after gaining access.
A: It is unlikely that an authorized administrator has logged into the root account remotely. It is unlikely that an authorized administrator would enter an incorrect password five times.
B: Disabling remote root logins is not the best course of action. The attacker has already gained access to the system so potentially the damage is already done.
D: The log does not suggest a buffer overflow attack; the failed passwords suggest a dictionary attack. F: Using iptables to immediately DROP connections from the IP 198.51.100.23 is not the best course of action. The attacker has already gained access to the system so potentially the damage is already done.
G: The log does not suggest a remote attacker has compromised the private key of the root account; the failed passwords suggest a dictionary attack.
H: Changing the root password is a good idea but it is not the best course of action. The attacker has already gained access to the system so potentially the damage is already done.
Thanks for reading the newest CAS-003 exam dumps! We recommend you to try the PREMIUM Dumpscollection CAS-003 dumps in VCE and PDF here: http://www.dumpscollection.net/dumps/CAS-003/ (434 Q&As Dumps)