GCIA | The Most Up-to-date Guide To GCIA Real Exam
It is impossible to pass GIAC GCIA exam without any help in the short term. Come to Actualtests soon and find the most advanced, correct and guaranteed GIAC GCIA practice questions. You will get a surprising result by our Rebirth GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst practice guides.
GIAC GCIA Free Dumps Questions Online, Read and Test Now.
NEW QUESTION 1
Mark works as a Network Administrator for Infonet Inc. The company has a Windows 2000 domainbased network. Mark wants to block all NNTP traffic between the network and the Internet. How will he configure the network?
- A. Disable anonymous logins in the NNTP configuration manage
- B. Block port 25 by configuring the firewal
- C. Block port 119 by configuring the firewal
- D. Block TCP port 80 by configuring the firewal
NEW QUESTION 2
Trinity wants to send an email to her friend. She uses the MD5 generator to calculate cryptographic hash of her email to ensure the security and integrity of the email. MD5 generator, which Trinity is using operates in two steps:
Creates check file
Verifies the check file
Which of the following MD5 generators is Trinity using?
- A. Secure Hash Signature Generator
- B. Mat-MD5
- C. Chaos MD5
- D. MD5 Checksum Verifier
NEW QUESTION 3
Rick works as a Computer Forensic Investigator for BlueWells Inc. He has been informed that some confidential information is being leaked out by an employee of the company. Rick suspects that someone is sending the information through email. He checks the emails sent by some employees to other networks. Rick finds out that Sam, an employee of the Sales department, is continuously sending text files that contain special symbols, graphics, and signs. Rick suspects that Sam is using the Steganography technique to send data in a disguised form. Which of the following techniques is Sam using?
Each correct answer represents a part of the solution. Choose all that apply.
- A. Text Semagrams
- B. Linguistic steganography
- C. Technical steganography
- D. Perceptual masking
NEW QUESTION 4
Which of the following tools can be used to view active telnet sessions?
- A. Juggernaut
- B. Cgichk
- C. Nikto
- D. Hackbot
NEW QUESTION 5
The National Shoes Inc. has an SNMP enabled router installed on its network. IT Manager wants to monitor all SNMP traffic generated by the router. So, he installs a Network Monitor on a Windows2000 Server computer on the network. The router is configured to send traps to an SNMP manager installed on another server. He wants to get a notification whenever the network router raises an SNMP trap. What will he do to achieve this?
(Click the Exhibit button on the toolbar to see the case study.)
Each correct answer represents a part of the solution. Choose two.
- A. Install an SNMP manager on the route
- B. Start the Windows 2000 Alert Service on the serve
- C. Create a TCP/IP filter on the serve
- D. Create a Network Monitor filter that has a pattern match for SNMP traffi
- E. Create a Network Monitor trigger to run the NET SEND comman
- F. Configure the network router to trap the IP address of the serve
NEW QUESTION 6
You work as a Network Administrator for McNeil Inc. The company's Windows 2000-based network is configured with Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000. You want to configure intrusion detection on the server. You find that the different types of attacks on the Intrusion Detection tab page of the IP Packet Filters Properties dialog box are disabled. What is the most likely cause?
- A. The PPTP through ISA firewall check box on the PPTP tab page of the IP Packet Filters Properties dialog box is not enable
- B. The Enable IP routing check box on the General tab page of the IP Packet Filters Properties dialog box is not selecte
- C. The Log packets from Allow filters check box on the Packet Filters tab page of the IP Packet Filters Properties dialog box is not enable
- D. The Enable Intrusion detection check box on the General tab page of the IP Packet Filters Properties dialog box is not selecte
NEW QUESTION 7
You work as a Network Administrator for McNeil Inc. The company's Windows 2000-based network is configured with Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000. You configure intrusion detection on the server. Which of the following alerts notifies that repeated attempts to a destination computer are being made and no corresponding ACK (acknowledge) packet is being communicated?
- A. IP half scan attack
- B. UDP bomb attack
- C. Land attack
- D. Ping of death attack
NEW QUESTION 8
Which of the following best describes the term protocol?
- A. The ability to move data through layers of the OSI mode
- B. The combination of cable type and access method used on a networ
- C. A set of rule
- D. The permissible amount of data contained in a packe
NEW QUESTION 9
Which of the following protocols uses only User Datagram Protocol (UDP)?
- A. FTP
- B. ICMP
- C. TFTP
- D. POP3
NEW QUESTION 10
Victor works as a professional Ethical Hacker for SecureEnet Inc. He wants to scan the wireless network of the company. He uses a tool that is a free open-source utility for network exploration.
The tool uses raw IP packets to determine the following:
What ports are open on our network systems.
What hosts are available on the network.
Identify unauthorized wireless access points.
What services (application name and version) those hosts are offering.
What operating systems (and OS versions) they are running.
What type of packet filters/firewalls are in use.
Which of the following tools is Victor using?
- A. Nessus
- B. Nmap
- C. Sniffer
- D. Kismet
NEW QUESTION 11
Which of the following tools is used to store the contents of a TDB (Trivial Database) file to the standard output when debugging problems with TDB files?
- A. tcpdump
- B. pdbedit
- C. Winbindd
- D. tdbdump
NEW QUESTION 12
Sasha wants to add an entry to your DNS database for your mail server. Which of the following types of resource records will she use to accomplish this?
- A. ANAME
- B. SOA
- C. MX
- D. CNAME
NEW QUESTION 13
Which of the following would allow you to automatically close connections or restart a server or service when a DoS attack is detected?
- A. Active IDS
- B. Signature-based IDS
- C. Passive IDS
- D. Network-based IDS
NEW QUESTION 14
You work as a Network Administrator for Tech2tech Inc. You have configured a network-based IDS for your company.
You have physically installed sensors at all key positions throughout the network such that they all report to the command console.
What will be the key functions of the sensors in such a physical layout?
Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose all that apply.
- A. To collect data from operating system logs
- B. To notify the console with an alert if any intrusion is detected
- C. To analyze for known signatures
- D. To collect data from Web servers
NEW QUESTION 15
Andrew, a bachelor student of Faulkner University, creates a gmail account. He uses 'Faulkner' as the password for the gmail account. After a few days, he starts receiving a lot of e-mails stating that his gmail account has been hacked. He also finds that some of his important mails have been deleted by someone. Which of the following methods has the attacker used to crack Andrew's password?
Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose all that apply.
- A. Zero-day attack
- B. Dictionary-based attack
- C. Rainbow attack
- D. Denial-of-service (DoS) attack
- E. Brute force attack
- F. Buffer-overflow attack
- G. Password guessing
- H. Social engineering
NEW QUESTION 16
Which of the following types of Intrusion detection systems (IDS) is used for port mirroring?
- A. Port address-based IDS
- B. Network-based IDS (NIDS)
- C. Host-based IDS (HIDS)
- D. Anomaly-based IDS
NEW QUESTION 17
Which of the following is not a function of the Snort utility?
- A. Routing messages
- B. Packet sniffing
- C. Packet logging
- D. Intrusion detection
NEW QUESTION 18
Which of the following is used to hash the information in Netcat?
- A. MD5
- B. SHA-256
- C. MD5deep
- D. SHA-1
NEW QUESTION 19
Thanks for reading the newest GCIA exam dumps! We recommend you to try the PREMIUM Surepassexam GCIA dumps in VCE and PDF here: https://www.surepassexam.com/GCIA-exam-dumps.html (508 Q&As Dumps)