GISF | Most Up-to-date GISF Preparation For GIAC Information Security Fundamentals Certification
Vivid of GISF practice exam materials and answers for GIAC certification for IT candidates, Real Success Guaranteed with Updated GISF pdf dumps vce Materials. 100% PASS GIAC Information Security Fundamentals exam Today!
Free GISF Demo Online For GIAC Certifitcation:
NEW QUESTION 1
Mark work as a Network Administrator for Roadways Travel Inc. The conmpany wants to implement a strategy for its external employees so that they can connect to Web based applications. What will Mark do to achieve this?
(Click the Exhibit button on the toolbar to see the case study.)
- A. He will install a VPN server in the VLAN, Roadways, and an IIS server in the corporate LAN at the headquarters.
- B. He will install a VPN server in the corporate LAN at the headquarters and an IIS server in the DMZ.
- C. He will install a VPN server in the DMZ and an IIS server in the corporate LAN at the headquarters.
- D. He will install a VPN server in the VLAN, Roadways, and an IIS server in the DMZ.
NEW QUESTION 2
Which of the following are the types of access controls?
Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose three.
- A. Physical
- B. Administrative
- C. Automatic
- D. Technical
NEW QUESTION 3
John works as a professional Ethical Hacker. He has been assigned a project to test the security of www.we-are-secure.com. He copies the whole structure of the We-are-secure Web site to the local disk and obtains all the files on the Web site. Which of the following techniques is he using to accomplish his task?
- A. TCP FTP proxy scanning
- B. Eavesdropping
- C. Fingerprinting
- D. Web ripping
NEW QUESTION 4
A firewall is a combination of hardware and software, used to provide security to a network. It is used to protect an internal network or intranet against unauthorized access from the Internet or other outside networks. It restricts inbound and outbound access and can analyze all traffic between an internal network and the Internet. Users can configure a firewall to pass or block packets from specific IP addresses and ports. Which of the following tools works as a firewall for the Linux 2.4 kernel?
- A. IPChains
- B. OpenSSH
- C. Stunnel
- D. IPTables
NEW QUESTION 5
How long are cookies in effect if no expiration date is set?
- A. Fifteen days
- B. Until the session ends.
- C. Forever
- D. One year
NEW QUESTION 6
John works as a Network Administrator for Bordeaux Inc. He is planning to design a strategy, so that the employees can connect to a scheduling application. Which of the following strategies is best suited for the company?
(Click the Exhibit button on the toolbar to see the case study.)
- A. Deploy a VPN server on the VLAN network, and an IIS server on the corporate LAN at the headquarters.
- B. Deploy a VPN server on the VLAN network, and an IIS server on DMZ.
- C. Deploy a VPN server on the corporate LAN at the headquarters, and an IIS server on DMZ.
- D. Deploy a VPN server on DMZ, and an IIS server on the corporate LAN at the headquarters.
NEW QUESTION 7
Which of the following refers to the emulation of the identity of a network computer by an attacking computer?
- A. Spoofing
- B. PING attack
- C. Hacking
- D. SYN attack
NEW QUESTION 8
The ATM of a bank is robbed by breaking the ATM machine. Which of the following physical security devices can now be used for verification and historical analysis of the ATM robbery?
- A. Biometric devices
- B. Intrusion detection systems
- C. Key card
- D. CCTV Cameras
NEW QUESTION 9
Peter is a merchant. He uses symmetric encryption to send confidential messages to different users of his Web site. Which of the following is the other name for asymmetric encryption?
- A. Session key encryption
- B. Public key encryption
- C. Secret key encryption
- D. Shared key encryption
NEW QUESTION 10
Which of the following representatives of incident response team takes forensic backups of the systems that are the focus of the incident?
- A. Technical representative
- B. Legal representative
- C. Lead investigator
- D. Information security representative
NEW QUESTION 11
Which of the following is the primary function of VPNs?
- A. To establish private connections over public networks
- B. To make virtual connections for remote access
- C. To establish a wireless connections to networks
- D. To access networks remotely
NEW QUESTION 12
You are the Network Administrator for a software development company. Your company creates various utilities and tools. You have noticed that some of the files your company creates are getting deleted from systems. When one is deleted, it seems to be deleted from all the computers on your network. Where would you first look to try and diagnose this problem?
- A. Antivirus log
- B. System log
- C. IDS log
- D. Firewall log
NEW QUESTION 13
Which of the following is the best approach to conflict resolution?
- A. Hard work and understanding
- B. Mutual respect and cooperation
- C. Flexibility
- D. Sincerity and hard work
NEW QUESTION 14
Which of the following statements are TRUE regarding asymmetric encryption and symmetric encryption? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose all that apply.
- A. Data Encryption Standard (DES) is a symmetric encryption key algorithm.
- B. In symmetric encryption, the secret key is available only to the recipient of the message.
- C. Symmetric encryption is commonly used when a message sender needs to encrypt a large amount of data.
- D. Asymmetric encryption uses a public key and a private key pair for data encryption.
NEW QUESTION 15
The Klez worm is a mass-mailing worm that exploits a vulnerability to open an executable attachment even in Microsoft Outlook's preview pane. The Klez worm gathers email addresses from the entries of the default Windows Address Book (WAB). Which of the following registry values can be used to identify this worm?
- A. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- B. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WAB\WAB4\Wab File Name = "file and pathname of the WAB file"
- C. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- D. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
NEW QUESTION 16
Which of the following best describes the identification, analysis, and ranking of risks?
- A. Design of experiments
- B. Fast tracking
- C. Fixed-price contracts
- D. Plan Risk management
NEW QUESTION 17
Which of the following statements about Secure Shell (SSH) are true? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose three.
- A. It was designed as a replacement for TELNET and other insecure shells.
- B. It is a network protocol used primarily on Linux and Unix based systems.
- C. It allows data to be exchanged using a secure channel between two networked devices.
- D. It is the core routing protocol of the Internet.
NEW QUESTION 18
At which OSI layer does UDP operate?
- A. Network layer
- B. Data-link layer
- C. Session layer
- D. Transport layer
- E. Presentation layer
NEW QUESTION 19
What is VeriSign?
- A. It is a data warehouse.
- B. It is an e-commerce portal.
- C. It is a search engine.
- D. It is a payment gateway.
NEW QUESTION 20
100% Valid and Newest Version GISF Questions & Answers shared by DumpSolutions.com, Get Full Dumps HERE: https://www.dumpsolutions.com/GISF-dumps/ (New 333 Q&As)